Idaho Educator Externship Program:
Application Resources for Educators
Resources and application guidelines for STEM AC industry hosts & host Candidates.
Application Process overview
Est time: 30 mins
STEM AC reviews & accepts/declines
By: February 18th
Note: acceptance does NOT guarantee you will be matched with a host. A final placement will be made after you have interviewed with potential host matches.
STEM AC will send you potential matches
You will receive information for up to 3 hosts you have been matched to, with information about their projects.
Interview with hosts
This process spans over the course of a few weeks
Hosts make offer
Curious how hosts define extern projects?
Want to hear about previous Externship experiences?
- Get hands-on experience of how STEM is applied in the work world.
- Meet STEM professionals from all backgrounds.
- Learn what employers look for when hiring STEM employees.
- Earn $5000 and the opportunity for Professional Development credit.
- Commit 200 hours to hands-on work learning experience.
- Find ways to integrate your learning into the classroom.
- Be ready to continue a relationship with a STEM employer and look for ways to integrate them into student learning!
Application is Closed
The application takes approximately 10-30 minutes to complete.
It asks questions about;
- What types of externships you are interested in
- Your experience and background
Hosts may ask for an updated resume during the interview process. If you haven’t updated your resume recently, here’s a template.