Early STEM PD Workshop
In this 7-hour early STEM Workshop, early childhood practitioners will discuss lessons learned through implementing tools and techniques from the past workshop, dive deeper into hands-on inquiry-based learning and the engineering design process, and work to build a community of practice with fellow attendees.
- Further their understanding of inquiry-based learning and how it can meet young children’s cognitive and social emotional needs
- Share examples of inquiry-driven design thinking in their learning environment
- Practice the concept of “hands-on, minds-on, hearts-on”
- Create their own early STEM curriculum that equips students to design, conduct, and analyze experiments to solve challenges from popular early childhood books
- Explore the use of high-level questioning to extend and scaffold students’ learning during all learning and routine care activities throughout the preschool day
- Learn to implement a screen-free preschool coding curriculum
- Network with local early childhood practitioners to support a strong early STEM learning program throughout IdahoLearn to implement a screen-free preschool coding curriculum
- Network with local early childhood practitioners to support a strong early STEM learning program throughout Idaho
Formal and informal educators who attended one of the 2018, 2019, or 2020 Early STEM Professional Development workshops. Up to 2 educators from one site may apply through one application if both educators attended a previous workshop.
Training Workshops Postponed until further notice.
Grantees will receive:
- One full day of training
- $200 Materials Stipend after successful attendance and participation in post-workshop community learning of practice webinar
- Travel stipend to the closest training per workshop attendee
- Idaho STARS credit will be available
Award Date: TBD
Erica Compton & Heather Lee