Congratulations on securing a funding partner for your STEM program! STEM AC may have funding available to enhance your program and amplify your donor's funding if your program supports our mission of "Engineering innovative opportunities for educators, students, communities, and industry to build a competitive Idaho workforce and economy through STEM and computer science education."
If your application is selected for funding, 100% of your partner donation(s), regardless of whether it is made to the STEM AC or the STEM AC Foundation, will go to your STEM program. STEM AC may match up to 50% of your donor's contribution, up to $5000, unless previously arranged with STEM AC. (The typical maximum request for this opportunity is a $5K STEM AC match of a $10K donation.)
Please contact us with any questions about your proposal, donor qualifications, etc... at firstname.lastname@example.org
The requirements, goals, and objectives of the STEM Action Center include:
- State-level coordination of STEM-related activities;
- Promotion of STEM through best practices in education;
- Support of high-quality professional development and grants for educators;
- Facilitation of STEM-related competitions, science fairs, camps, and student programs; and
- Engagement of private industry in the development and maintenance of STEM Action Center programs [Section 67-823, Idaho Code].
Program Managers: Angela Hemingway, Finia Dinh, Erica Compton, Stephanie Lee, Crispin Gravatt, Sondra Chadd, Joanna Madden
Value: Up to 50% of your donor's contribution, up to $5000, unless previously arranged with STEM AC. (The typical maximum request for this opportunity is a $5K STEM AC match of a $10K donation.)
Open: August 1, 2020
Close: May 15, 2021
End of each month, August-May
- Minimum donation: $1,000 from an industry/organization partner (i.e. workforce/businesses, nonprofits/foundations, university/colleges, government agencies, PTA/PTO, etc)
- Donations under $1,000 can be accepted only in addition to the minimum industry donation.
- Proposals with primary donations from individuals, rather than from an organization/business, will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and may be given lower funding priority.
- Publicly-funded or nonprofit organizations are given priority status. Private organizations may be given lower funding priority.
- Idaho State Constitution prevents us from funding parochial organizations. For more information on funding eligibility, please visit the Idaho STEM Action Center frequently asked questions.
- Applicant is compliant with STEM AC reporting requirements
- Program requested takes place in Idaho and serves Idaho residents
- Requesting organization is a publicly-funded educational organization (schools, libraries, etc.) or a nonprofit organization providing educational programming (afterschool program, educational nonprofits, community centers, etc.) to receive priority status
- Program requested is aligned with STEM AC mission
After eligibility is determined based on STEM AC guidelines for funding, first priority for the Public-Private Partnership opportunity goes to projects aligned to STEM AC’s strategic priorities (below) and the plan for measuring project outcomes.
- Plan for recruiting/engaging with underrepresented populations
- Learning outcomes reflect higher-level learning goals (aligned with Idaho Content Standards)
- Sustainability/funding plan (for applicable programs)
- Preferred reporting dates for sponsored programs are May or November, and programs should be no longer than 12 months
- Teacher professional development and opportunities
- College and career STEM pathways
- Industry and workforce needs
- If you are experiencing an error when continuing to the next page, please shorten your Project Description to one sentence. This will not affect your overall score.
- Idaho Tax Credit Benefits for your funding partners
- Download the Application Template to help you prepare for submission
- Budget Template is an Excel document and will not open, but will automatically download
- If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com prior to submitting your application.