Application to attend i-STEM will be open February 1st – March 4th
You can check out amazing resources and materials to support STEM education. Please contact the individuals below for information on checking items out of your local i-STEM library.
College of Eastern Idaho
Assignment for 1st Professional Development Credit
Attend i-STEM Institute and Register on Mentorship Portal
i-STEM participants will receive one paid i-STEM undergraduate professional development credit from the College of Southern Idaho. To receive this credit participants will fill out a registration form during the institute and complete the following assignment.
Contact: John Hughes, CSI - firstname.lastname@example.org; 208-732-6549.
- Attend all 4 days of the strand and institute.
- Complete the post-institute survey via the Community Grants Portal (https://idahostem.force.com/gms/)
- Complete the registration process for Mentorship Portal (https://mentorship.stem.idaho.gov/)
Assignment for 2nd Professional Development Credit
Engage with Mentors
i-STEM participants will have the opportunity to purchase ($60) a graduate professional development credit from Boise State University upon completion an assignment throughout the 2018-19 school year. A link to register for this credit and more information is available in the syllabus linked below.
Contact: Kaitlin Maguire, STEM AC – email@example.com; 208-332-1729.
- Complete the registration process for the Mentorship Platform.
- Engage in mentorship activities via the Mentorship Platform in one of two ways:
a) Identify at least one student-led project that would benefit from mentorship support, assist student with registration into the Mentorship Platform, and monitor the progress of the project in the platform. (10 hrs)
b) Find at least two mentors in the Mentorship Platform or the community and set up visits with these mentors and a student group (either virtually or in person). (10 hrs)
- Create a lesson plan in which there is mentorship engagement. (3 hrs)
- Submit a final report via the Community Grants Portal (3 hrs) (https://idahostem.force.com/gms/) answering questions about their experience engaging with the mentorship platform, connecting mentors and students, and student experiences working with a mentor, highlighting best practices, lessons learned and ways they will engage with mentors moving forward.