Idaho North & North Central EcosySTEM
Mission Statement for STEM INNC
The Idaho North & North Central EcosySTEM (STEM INNC) coordinates and collaborates to build a strong ecosystem of partners to achieve access, equity, and inclusion in STEM for all.
- Facilitate alignment of programs offered by different partners
- Communicate with partners to raise awareness of STEM opportunities/programs
- Develop STEM collaborations within the region
- Ensure equitable access to STEM programs for all constituencies
- Build access to workforce development
- Support professional development of STEM educators
- Promote the statewide vision of the Idaho STEM ecosystem
Working Groups for STEM INNC
- Communication: Includes Hub Coordinator and others to provide overall strategies for email, social media, and/or other communication methods. This working group also monitors the work of a website development committee.
- Steering Committee: Includes Hub Coordinator and at least one representative from Communications Working Group, as well as others, to set goals, create governance structure, initiate any funding efforts, regulate expenditures, and align regional efforts with the state and national efforts.
An ecosystem embodies every aspect of a single habitat, including all interactions between its different elements.
Quoted from – https://biologydictionary.net/ecosystem/
- Hub Sponsorships: See “EcosySTEM Hub Sponsorships” below.
- i-STEM Institutes
- Idaho STEM Action Center Sponsorship for Large Impact STEM Program Funding.
Contact Hub Coordinator Susan Stauffer at email@example.com to discuss.
- Invent Idaho
- March Maker Madness: See STEM INNC Calendar of Events above in March for Seright Hardware locations in Cd’A, Post Falls, and Rathdrum
- North Idaho Science and Engineering Fair
- P3 Grants
The Idaho STEM EcosySTEM has funding available for organizations and programs aiming to support its aspiration to foster the integration of STEM experiences for Idahoans, creating problem-solvers and critical thinkers who will sustain and lead our economy.
The Idaho STEM EcosySTEM is a group of engaged partners working together to design and implement a comprehensive vision of STEM learning for all. We aim to develop clear STEM career pathways for Idaho’s youth through collective impact. Together, we focus on:
- Broadening STEM participation
- Promoting awareness of, access to, alignment between and STEM education and career opportunities
- Creating meaningful metrics for STEM education programming
- Building STEM momentum within the state and nationally
Please note that programs already funded through a STEM AC opportunity do not qualify for EcosySTEM Hub Sponsorship.
Program proposals are reviewed twice monthly. Please note funding may take up to 30 days after receipt of signed agreement and donor funds. Please plan accordingly.
Local [partners] know what is best for their community. And yet, there are untapped opportunities for local, regional and state school systems and community organizations to work together to provide high- quality STEM education for more students, particularly underserved and underrepresented students. Barriers to collaboration often include lack of time and resources, and lack of infrastructure. The STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative provides the necessary support to help local [partners] with a common goal align their resources and efforts to maximize results for kids, teachers and parents—and to create systemic change in how the community prepares students for success through STEM. This effort addresses the decided lack of coordination within the field, a challenge that has stalled progress in closing equity gaps and dramatically improving students’ STEM literacy. By relying on coordination between unlikely partners—such as school districts, teachers, parents, higher education institutions and informal STEM programs, to name a few—each Ecosystem can transform the local infrastructure for ensuring more students, particularly underserved and underrepresented students, develop the knowledge and skills they need to succeed. https://stemecosystems.org/faqs/
Right click on images to save in PNG and JPG format or download the zipped files below. Logo zipped files include a stylesheet in pdf format.
- Download ALL Idaho STEM EcosySTEM PNG Logos in a zip format. Not including Hubs.
- Download ALL Idaho STEM EcosySTEM JPG Logos in a zip format. Not including Hubs.
- Download ALL Idaho STEM EcosySTEM EPS Logos in a zip format. Not including Hubs.
- Download the Badge in zip format.
- Download all ISEE STEM PNG, JPG, EPS Logos in a zip format. Hub only.
- Download all STEM INNC PNG, JPG, EPS Logos in zip format. Hub only.
- Download all STEM SWISH PNG, JPG, EPS Logos in zip format. Hub only.
<– Download Logos
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 2013234. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.