- December 16, 2016
- Apply through our Community Grants Portal
About This Grant:
The STEM Action Center is proud to sponsor regional high school science and engineering fairs for the 2016-2017 school year. Winners of the regional fairs will be eligible to compete in the 2017 Intel International Science & Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF). Intel ISEF is one of the premier national student science and engineering competitions. Idaho does not currently have a science and engineering fair that qualifies students for the national competition. As a result, Idaho students miss out on $4 million dollars in potential scholarships.
If selected, the educator will receive up to $2,000 to support participation in their regional fair. Educators will use these funds to purchase classroom materials for student projects and to cover travel costs for the educator and students to attend their regional fair. The amount awarded will be based on the number of student projects approved to participate in the fair. Educators will receive $667/student project, up to a maximum of $2,000.
- Educators who will be teaching in a PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL (grades 9-12) during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Deadline to Apply: December 16, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance: Rolling Notifications – October 31, November 30, December 31, 2016
- Student Project Work: November 2016 – February 2017